Saturday, 4 January 2014

Dry January! God help us all.

Can I please blame my children for my desire to drink? That and other members of my family, Please?
I have left the comfort of my bed to heat up some pre mulled wine left over from a very fast and now receding Christmas period of festivity (it's all the alcohol I have left!). I have, in post Christmas resolution, started reading Ackroyd's history of England, London etc to improve my mind and harpoon my interests, however, it is thirty minutes past eleven night time and still the little child like harpies festoon the sleeping quarters and deprive me of peace.

Dry January. God Help us all. I may yet be a useless parent, my children should now be wrapped in cloths and sleeping but my powers are clearly minimal and the little vikings do stop me from altering the course of my ways. They sleep till 11 am and retire 12 hours later or more.

 I will drink this wine then try again, and I hope that by Sunday night, I can sleep without need of alcohol. I plan to visit my doctor and profess that in giving up drink that I need Valium or some such potion to curtail my desire to obliviate myself.

They have of course followed me and pester me, though when I tried to sleep they played.
God help me 2014.

In the words of my little one at my arm right now 'mummy, i want a drink!'

God help me, so do I.

On the Morrow I will wake them early and tire them all day then I will sink to sleep with them at nine hopefully avoiding drink and wake up fresh on Monday, back to school, hangover free with redeemed children.

No comments:

Post a Comment