Today was a dreary day in south east London, the snow threatened to fall; the sky was grey. it was cold.
It was mothers day today. We took little bereaved nephew to the graveyard where the wind was bitter and he placed a happy mother's day plant in blue at his mummy's grave. I lit some candles. We removed old flowers. He danced off amongst the graves. My daughter slid and fell in the mud. We breathed with continued disbelief at the silent ground. A worm snaked it's way amongst our tributes.
It was my birthday Friday. I was thirty and five years old; another of the same and I will be seventy, like all the old people I've known . I hope I don't forget my tongue and say all the things in my subliminal. I try to be as honest as possible to avoid that happening.
I smelled smells today of the memory; I smelled the smells of my sister's flat / apartment and it was cruel and harsh and rudely it awakened me again to her absence.
For my birthday I have drunk copiously. My head is remarkably fine albeit.
It was funny, I don't much do the naughty white stuff,
but on Saturday afternoon after two bottles of cava and a bottle of Bollinger I fancied a night on the tiles.
I texted my friend in the know.....
"hey .... I hope all good with you. Really want some snow do you know the weather forecast in my area..."
wink wink nudge nudge. She never replied till the next morning
""Hi sweets sorry I fell asleep early. I think there's snow forecast in your area tomorrow for Mon although it will only be light apparently "
(ahhh)
"Sorry, u must think i'm nuts, i was cava'd out and looking for another kind of snow! Glad i didn't find any since I got a good nights sleep.
So anyway. Not really much to talk about. I didn't get the snow, I am glad of that, it is a pain in the next day's arse.
I had a good birthday. I danced, I sang. It was fun ok.
lots of love to blogger's land.
And I got ur .... message and I thought it was lovely though I am not sure my humor is that humorous as other British humors may be! xxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment