Tuesday, 17 April 2012

MISS YOU SISTER



Sister
I miss you
like the lungs would miss air
and the heart would miss oxygen.
I miss you like the tongue misses water
when it is dry and sallow
and parched with thirst.
I miss you like the grass misses the wind
and the dark night
misses a glass of red wine and the
company of a girl who knows how
to laugh.
I miss you like a cold morning remembering
the warmth of yesterday
like a a table covered in empties
longing for the party which is over.
Like the desert misses the rain.
I miss you
for all the yesterdays are but a memory on my tongue
without your reassuring compliance in the tale;
your laughter is missing from the story
your agreeing eyes are not here.
I miss you like a finished conversation
when the phone is hung up
and the warmth but a memory
setting into sharp relief the present.
I miss your sweet company
your salmon fish cakes and perfectly fried egg
your constant understanding
and your view of trees and things.
I miss your delicate feet and your vibrant love of coffee and all things nice.
I miss you like warm wine misses ice.
I miss your hospitality
and your sweet encouragement
your belief
your indomitable spirit.
I miss your funny
I miss your innuendo.
I miss your ocean depth.
I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment