Monday, 6 August 2012

one long day at the olympiccs

we got there late after I discovered I had lost my debit card. we had no cash. shit. my mum sweetly dropped us off- me and son 14yrs and lent me , in fact gave me, 30£. fucking hell. we got there after 9am, late, - having dropped daughter 5, nephew 7 and baby 1, off with darling sister in law- who now has a migriane.
first a coke retailing usually at £1 15 max was a flat £2.50. having not eaten breakfast and blithely hoping for a five pound breakfast, we purchased the cheapest food we could find- at £3 a go  croissant with mozzarella, tomato and spinach of the meanest proportions- small croissant small everything, and one with ham and cheese.....she passed it over with unashamed greasy fingers with bits on and I was so hungry and slave to that, that I took it and ate it gratefully.
A shit coffee priced on the board as £1.70 was another £2.50. two coffees and one hot chocolate down plus a coke and shitty rocky cake which tasted like shit and we were 12.50 down, plus two tiny croissants made £18.50 down. tobacco and a twix and water -pre olympic arena was £5 down -that is £23.50 down. starving by 2pm we got 1 small portion of greasy fish and chips £8.50 which we devoured while watching the rifle finals (boring- we couldn't see a thing) around us people munched on big fat rolls, sweeties and beer. by this point I was desperate for alcohol. a plastic bottle -small- of heineken lager was priced £4.50. I had £1.80 left. oh shit. so I sipped on my water while watching thousands of clay lumps get shot out of the sky. neighbouring Olympic visitors removed fifty's from their wallets and purchased ridiculous amounts of over priced shit coffee and plastic bottles of beer while I hoped someone would buy me one. they didn't, and my searching for dropped fivers ended negatively.
it was okay, but long.
the entire thing was a rip off and little did I know that I could probably have brought food in but never mind, next time aye!
Croatia beat Australia which was liberating since Australia was favourite to win. Italy came 2nd in the shot gun finals and Kuwait third. GB were out pretty early cause he kept missing. but it waws OK. it was nice watching an old Italian man and a young Italian boy in bright green (they were unrelated - I was watching) hold up together a large wind swept Italian flag while the medals were awarded.
we went to the Olympics and then I got back to the kids and there were dramas afoot. I am now shattered and on the verge of a constant nervous breakdown so good night.




No comments:

Post a Comment