Saturday, 11 August 2012

white noise

apparently I broke the oven by covering the ham with greaseproof paper instead of foil- which we had run out of. apparently it set fire to the rubber thing that held the glass inner plate in which has now fallen out. balderdash, it must have take a few months for that to erode. but never mind. this is translated to me at low level tone by significant other through one or maybe two walls while I painfully epilate my underarms. somehow the blistering shots of mini pain as the epilator pulls the hairs out rapidly is preferable to the full sound of his incessancy. the gentle acrimony of everyday life.

that was this morning before the trip to Footscray meadows where the windy summer's day was punctuated with whines and whinges of small children with a field to play in but who would prefer to play in very close proximity to me...stepping on me, almost clawing at me as i seek a moment of repose. Though actually they did paddle in teh stream and it was quite lovely watching them roam the meadows when they weren't on top of me.

so the oven is broke- a symbolic domestic nightmare which is a bit like the last straw. I will at some point contact the insurance people and go through the monotonous questions to replace it.

I am home now following a further argument about which way to drive home and then whether to stop off at family for a good supper and glass of wine or go home to watch sport (not me) carry on with domestic monotony and eat substandard take away. we go with the second choice and the cloying grease of a lazy chicken shop delivery service still sits uncomfortably in my throat.

at Footscray meadows I saw a couple canoodiling. they sat upon a bridge sharing berries from a plastic tub. legs swinging.
later as I sat with my family I saw them again passing by, they stopped to share a kiss, then went on. will it last I thought? or end in itchy annoyance and cloying discontent. will she have children clutching at her legs as she goes about her way or will they revel in youthful sweet love for eternity. who knows it is all relative anyway.

I have nothing much more to report. it is all to mundane and exceptional all at once. and so for now goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment